Release note 3.5
Jan 10, 2009.
authorPOINT Lite is a powerful conversion tool that converts your PowerPoint presentations to flash files. You can now share your PowerPoints directly with your friends using aP Lite's Plug-in for PowerPoint.
New in this Version:
- authorPOINT Lite now comes with Plug-in for PowerPoint with more interactive feature for sharing PowerPoint's.
- Search images on the web and insert them in your slides in PowerPoint.
- Make changes to your imported presentation by editing the PowerPoint from aP Lite itself.
- Supports motion path animations.
- Support for embedded sounds set to play across slides.
- Support for action buttons and hyperlinks to other slides in the same PowerPoint.
- "Send to aP Lite" Option is now available under right click menu for PPTX format files.
- New Options in PowerPoint 2007's authorPOINT ribbon.
- "Send to aP Lite" renamed as "Convert to Upload"
- "Upload and Share" is now Upload only
- Sharing option has been removed, will be back in next version for sure
Known issues in this release
- The presentation, or slide thumbnails flicker on scrolling.
- The 'Previous' hit in 'On Click' Presentations does not work, until the first animation in the slide is reached on clicking continually.
- Few PowerPoint files that pop up some internal PowerPoint error messages may interrupt the conversion process. Examples of such PowerPoint files are:
- Password protected Read Only files
- PowerPoint files with submit for review options enabled.
On a fresh system you need to install the following tools/applications in order to run authorPOINT.
- Dot net framework 2.0.
- Microsoft PowerPoint XP, Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 or Microsoft PowerPoint 2007
- Flash player 9 or above for slide preview and viewing flash presentations.
How to install
- Uninstall the old version manually.
- Download, and install the latest release from authorPOINT Lite download page